Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: No longer the Wild West...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation No longer the Wild West...

    SkoalSpitter & Burton13 are currently enjoying a 1 week vacation for repeated bad language & personal attacks in the past weeks. You can welcome them back around Noon next Tuesday (6/9/09).

    We may not have the ability to edit posts, put in a filter for cursing, and other things yet--but we are now watching again and will be taking action when necessary. Keep that in mind when posting--try to watch the language as there is no filter, and try to be respectful of others when discussing/debating topics.

    Also, before today the only two Mods on this board were Rock & myself--welcome back 1inStripes, retiredteach, Counts, & steer. Those were the Mods on the old board, and they now have the responsibilities (albeit limited currently) of a Mod that are available. If you have a board content problem, take it up with any one of them/Rock/myself...if you have a problem with software/glitches, hit up Steven & Adam at the HelpDesk.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer the Wild West...

    So I cuss one time in the past month and fire back when shots are thrown at me and I get banned? Oh well, what am I banned from anyway?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SkoalSpitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2009
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer the Wild West...

    I got to work to tomarrow. Im not on vacation. WTF? Are you gonna go back and throw fits with everybody that cussed?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer the Wild West...

    this is ridiculous

    you guys are gonna have 6 mods for a site that only gets like 40 new posts a day.

    and now you are going back and banning people?

    so now i know theres no statute of limitations on the lpd forum

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer the Wild West...

    you guys are gonna have 6 mods for a site that only gets like 40 new posts a day.
    No one ever complained about the # of mods before. And things WILL pick up when Football season starts, you need that many.

    and now you are going back and banning people?
    Put it completely on me. I've been around the most since in the past few weeks when people had been cussing each other out and doing a bunch of personal bickering. It's my call.

    I'll say it--a lot of it can be funny--but it's past the point of ridiculous with most of it, especially when I've gotten more PM's from other posters offended by this stuff wanting something done about it.

    so now i know theres no statute of limitations on the lpd forum
    Not completely true. If you mess up, and you straighten up, then you're welcome here. It's only when you fly off the handle and start cussing everyone out & being unreasonable 99% of the time that the lines get crossed and you have to go, even for a short vacation. You among all people ought to know that Biggin, and keep in mind that I've probably saved you from more bannings than you know about by going to bat for you on a lot of things in the past.

    As for Burton & SS being the first two to post on this thread after I thought they had been banned (showing as banned on the control panel)--something's wrong with the software. Steven has a PM, and hopefully soon that can be followed through with.

    If anyone remembers what it was like on the old board--you couldn't cuss like a sailor, and you couldn't get away with being disrespectful to people all the time--two basic standing rules. No difference here.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer the Wild West...

    Burton/SS...I'll tell you both what. I put you both in, hit the ban button today, and due to software problems, it didn't take.

    Due to that, and you know why you were being banned--don't act like you two haven't both been doing a lot of personal bickering/name-calling/over the top cursing for the past few weeks on here--straighten that stuff up, and when we get the tools, this ban won't be reinstated.

    Is it too much to ask to at least act civil and discuss the subjects at hand w/o cussing each other out and bickering to the point that the thread becomes a flame war instead of about the subject? I don't think it is.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SkoalSpitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2009
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer the Wild West...

    You have been right in the middle of it. Stirring the pot. We ain't been the only 2 to cuss. I also don't want anybody else that has cussed to be banned. You could have stepped up and quit bickering a time or 2. No lead by example there

  8. #8
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer the Wild West...

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    this is ridiculous

    you guys are gonna have 6 mods for a site that only gets like 40 new posts a day.

    and now you are going back and banning people?

    so now i know theres no statute of limitations on the lpd forum

    Seem familiar to this video?:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXMLueB-s9A"]YouTube - Oklahoma Highway Patrol fight with EMT May 28, 2009[/ame]
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer the Wild West...

    You have been right in the middle of it. Stirring the pot.
    If you mean I've defended myself from attacks directed at me by you, then yeah--I've been in the middle of it. Other than that, I've posted exactly how I've posted for YEARS on here.

    We ain't been the only 2 to cuss.
    Repeated bad language AND personal attacks are the two reasons for the banning. It's not like one slip has ever been enough to get a poster banned, it takes quite a bit of repetition.

    I also don't want anybody else that has cussed to be banned.
    They won't be b/c they don't do it in nearly every thread, most of the time pointed towards another poster as a personal attack. One here or there as an exclamation isn't bad--it gets bad when it's all over the place/all the time and overly-heated.

    You could have stepped up and quit bickering a time or 2. No lead by example there
    Most of the time I stepped in to try to get it to stop--then got attacked by you, or I was posting in a thread you weren't even in--then got attacked by you. I'm a mod, and I do need to set an example, but I'm not going to sit idly by and let you cuss me & attack me without speaking up for myself. I don't expect anyone else to do that either. Go back and look--most of the time I tried to steer things back towards the subject of the thread, and didn't cuss you or anyone more than maybe once/twice, if at all.

    The fact that you're trying to justify your actions towards me and others over the past few weeks here just shows me how really clueless you are about how to act with common decency/sense on here.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer the Wild West...

    I have a suggestion......WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS, WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS, WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIEND?......................Remember the song?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •